Strengthening Plant Health Services in Tanzania for Enhanced Food Safety
- Establishing, equipping and staffing TPHPA.
- Training of plant health border inspectors and plant health field staff.
- Improvement of laboratory diagnostic and surveillance capacity.
- Enhancing field reporting and surveillance efficiency.
- Adoption of modern and innovative health data collection and management systems.
- Enhancing food safety for export and domestic trade.
- Relevant directorates of TPHPA fulfil mandates in accordance with international standards.
- Capacity of plant health inspectors at export and import posts is improved.
- Detection and traceability systems are operational.
- Sampling and transmission procedures for export products are strengthened.
- Field plant protection and surveillance service providers are better skilled and equipped.
- Modern and innovative data collection and transfer practices are developed.
EUR 10.6M (27.45 Billion TZS)
Agriculture & Food Security
Min of Agriculture, TPHPA; Presidents’ Office; PO-RALG; Prime Ministers’ Office, Environmental Division & Disaster Management Div; Min of Industry Trade & Investment; Min of Health; Min of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Livestock & Irrigation, ZNZ, FAO,
EUR 10M (25.90 Billion TZS)