Arts and uncertainty
The British Council Syria and Ettijahat – Independent Culture are organising discussions around major challenges of artistic work in communities in times of crisis, conversations on striking a balance between fundamental challenges of social work and new ones related to quarantine, social distancing and overall economic difficulties.
This webinar also includes sharing lessons learnt from work experience within the Syrian context and similar contexts in the Arab region, as well as other examples from the United Kingdom and Europe.
Speakers will include:
- Dan Boyden | Director – The Change Collective
- Laila Hourani | Novelist and Cultural Manager
- Mohammad Al Attar | Playwright
- Rana Yazaji | Researcher and Cultural Manager
- Sondos Shabayek | Artistic Director – The BuSSy Project
Organiser: The British Council Syria and Ettijahat – Independent Culture
Date: 25/03/2021 17:00-19:15 CET