EEAS Call for Expression of Interest IT Service Officer ICT – Administrator for Unified Communication Services and Tools – RM.SCS.5
The European External Action Service (EEAS), which supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent foreign policy of the European Union. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council.
It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice-President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with the General Secretariat of the Council, the services of the Commission and the Secretariat General of the European Parliament.
The Division RM.SCS.5 – Digital Solutions is responsible for defining the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) strategy and delivering high quality ICT services to support EEAS objectives and activities, both in Headquarters and in Delegations. The scope of our activities is limited to unclassified and Restricted-UE information.
In particular, and amongst other things, we
- Provide the technological facilities and tools that EEAS services need to fulfil their mission (office automation, printing, e-mail, internet, applications, telephone, videoconference).
- Build, support and operate the underlying ICT infrastructure including the EEAS data centre facilities and the network.
- Provide effective support in the use of these services by the EEAS Staff.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
The position of IT Service Officer ICT – Administrator for Unified Communication Services and Tools in RM.SCS.5 Digital Solutions division: Administrator – AD06.
The job is a key position for a very motivated Administrator with a broad experience looking for a dynamic working environment and challenging projects within a friendly, motivated and supportive team. We offer easy access to training facilities to improve skills and to keep staff. Main working languages are English and French.
The main responsibilities of the post are as follows:
- Lead on
- the development and definition of the Unified Communication Services strategy (Video/Fixed and Mobile Telephony/Conferencing/Communication);
- discussions on the matter in relevant groups/committees, including at interinstitutional level;
- the anticipation of technological upgrades and equipment obsolescence and potential renewal exercises.
- Lead on the implementation of the Unified Communication Services strategy (Video/Fixed and Mobile Telephony/Conferencing/Communication);
- Define the Unified Communication services offered to the end-users in the context of the modernisation of the concerned technologies and define their related SLAs for both HQ and Delegations;
- Supervise and participate in the administration, operation and maintenance of the Unified Communication services;
- Plan and follow up the budget of the service in HQ and Delegations;
- Coordinate, implement, manage and supervise the multiple workflows necessary to reach the levels of quality expected;
- Lead various projects linked with the technologies supported by the service and with the modernisation of the communications means (VOIP; Video Conferencing, Instant Messaging, interconnection of various technological platforms…)
- Draft and contribute to briefings, speeches, notes and papers in the areas of responsibility;
- To report on a regular basis about the activities and issues faced by his/her team;
- Act as financial correspondent with other services, Operational Verifying Agent for activities implying subcontracted tasks to external contractors and/or system suppliers, under the supervision of the Head of Division (acting as AOSD);
- To contribute to other tasks within the division as required.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS)1, in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015)20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents.
The successful candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) at the grade of AD06 for a 4-year duration, renewable for another 2 years.
WE LOOK FOR
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and service-oriented colleague with a broad IT and Unified Communication Services background.
In addition to demonstrating very good analytical, drafting and organisational skills, the successful candidate must be pro-active, dynamic and be able to plan and follow up in line with the required procedures on an autonomous basis. The ability to build and maintain good human relations within the teams and with our internal customers is essential as well as a proven ability to manage and co-ordinate several processes simultaneously and an excellent oral and written command of English.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following general and specific conditions on the closing date for online applications:
- Be a national of one of the EU Member States and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Meet any obligations imposed on him or her by the laws concerning military service;
- Provide the appropriate character references as to his suitability for the performance of his duties;
- Have the capacity to work in languages of the CFSP (English and French, in writing and orally). Both languages are required in the performance of the duties. The command of one language must be at minimum C1 level (Language 1 — thorough knowledge) and the command of the other one must be at minimum B2 level (Language 2 — satisfactory knowledge).
- possess a level of education
- which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more, OR
- which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and relevant professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is at least three years.
- have gained at least 3 years' full time professional experience. This experience must have been gained after obtaining the four-year diploma or after obtaining the three-year diploma and the one year relevant professional experience;
- have very good knowledge of technologies relevant for the position (video conferencing, Fixed and Mobile Telephony, VoIP), in particular:
- Cisco Unified Communications products (Cisco Jabber, Webex, Cisco UCM, Cisco Meeting Server, Call Control, Communication Gateways, UC Applications, etc…)
- Mobile Telephony and smartphones;
- Installation and maintenance of Pabx in general;
- Unify PABX OSBIZ systems (X3, X5 and X 8 series);
- SIP to IP / SIP to ISDN / SIP to Analog – various devices and Mediatrix;
- have proven experience in organizing, delivering and managing IT services;
- have ability to lead a team and manage external contractors;
- fluent in English (both orally and in writing);
- have an excellent ability to maintain diplomatic relations and to ensure representation, communication in a complex, multicultural environment;
- have an excellent capacity to create constructive working relations with national authorities, international organisations and EU Member States;
- have strong drafting, communication and analytical skills combined with sound judgement.
- experience of working in an Embassy, a Delegation (or equivalent in an international organisation);
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience of negotiations;
- ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- strong service attitude;
- fluent in French (both orally and in writing);
would be considered assets.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE2
The selection procedure will take place in three different and successive steps:
1. Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest should be sent by e-mail to the following functional mailbox: RM-SCS-5-HR@eeas.europa.eu
For the purposes of the e-mail application, this post will appear under the subject of the email: “EoI: IT Service Officer ICT in the EEAS.RM.SCS.5 team / 2023-EoI-HQ(AD)- TA2b-AD06-246200”
Such an expression of interest must be accompanied by:
- An updated Curriculum vitae. Candidates are invited to use the "Europass" CV format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae) for their applications.
- A letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages) in either English or in French.
Expressions of interest/applications may be submitted until
16/03/2023 23/03/2023 at 12.00 midday (CET - Brussels' time).
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and the professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter.
The candidates who have passed the pre-selection step will be invited for an interview so that the selection panel can evaluate these candidates objectively and without prejudice based on their qualifications, professional experience and linguistic skills. Additional specific written or oral tests might be organised by the panel.
For correspondence concerning the selection procedure, please use the following email address (the e-mail must have in the subject the following title: "2023-EoI-HQ(AD)- TA2b-AD06-246200”): EEAS-HQ-APPLICATIONS-AD@eeas.europa.eu
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service, which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
If pre-selected, candidates with disabilities are invited to contact us at EEAS-HQAPPLICATIONS- AD@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates.
If a candidate with a disability is selected and recruited, the EEAS is committed to appropriate measures in order to accommodate his or her special needs to the working place or working conditions in accordance with Art 1d(4) of the Staff Regulations.
The selected candidate will be recruited as temporary agents under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS), in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015) 20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents.
The selected candidate will be required to undergo a medical fitness examination in accordance with Article 13 of the CEOS. Candidates shall have a valid Personnel Security Clearance (PSC) allowing them to access information classified at the level “SECRET UE/EU SECRET” or will be required to undergo the corresponding security vetting in accordance with the EEAS security rules3. In case the successful candidate does not obtain his or her PSC, his or her engagement will be terminated.
In case of positive results on the medical fitness examination and after assessment of the PSC conditions, the candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent, Grade AD064 for a duration 4 years renewable only once for another 2 years.
All member of the temporary staff shall serve initially a nine-month probationary period in accordance with Article 14 CEOS.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Brussels, Belgium
POST AVAILABLE: immediately
CONTACT: Rosina BISCHUR, IT Service Officer – HR & Communication RM.SCS.5 Tel: +32 2584-2292 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submissions is
16/03/2023 23/03/2023 at 12.00 midday (CET - Brussels' time).
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2018/1725. The privacy statement is available on EEAS webpage: http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm
3. In accordance with the Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of 19 September 2017 on the security rules for the European External Action Service, ADMIN(2017) 10, OJ C 126, 10.4.2018, p. 1, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/ EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.C_.2018.126.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=OJ:C:2018:126:TOC
4. The basic salaries offered by the EU institutions are set out in Article 66 of the Staff Regulations. The current level, can be accessed via the link: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:C:2020:428:FULL&from=EN