EEAS Call for Expression of Interest for the recruitment of one Temporary Agent under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS)
The European External Action Service (EEAS), which supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent foreign policy of the European Union. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity of Vice President of the Commission. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
Within the EEAS, the Information and Document Management Division works to foster information management practices across the EEAS. Information is the raw material behind every one of our activities. Increasing our proficiency with information management will positively boost the overall performance of the whole institution.
The Division carries out these tasks by means of three teams:
1/ Information Management. This team supports the implementation of the Information Management Strategy, an ambitious corporate Information Governance Framework approved by Senior Management in 2019 and that presents a complete roadmap towards better management of information through a strong culture of collaboration, the right information accessible to the right staff and preserving and securing information and knowledge.
2/ Document Management. This team supports the implementation of the e-Domec policy and the recordkeeping tool Ares through a network of Document Management Officers in Delegations and Document Management Correspondents in HQ.
3/ Archives. This team supports the currently decentralised network of archives. Project like the arrangement of the DG Resource Management archives through a team of external archivists pave the way for better management of our archival holdings in consistence with the e-Domec policy. The team also reflects on long-term digital preservation.
The position of a Team Leader – Archivist within the Archives team of the Division: under the supervision of the Head of Division, the selected candidate will lead the EEAS archives team.
WE LOOK FOR
A dynamic, proactive and highly motivated colleague with very good communication and organisational skills and with a developed sense of service. He/she will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Support the Head of Division in the planning and management of the archives team activities;
- Coordinate the implementation and follow-up of archives management and related areas in the EEAS;
- Contribute and develop archives management procedures and guidelines;
- Develop and provide training modules on archives management;
- Conduct conceptual reflections and assist with developing archives management procedures e.g. on long-term digital preservation, and with internal planning, co-ordination and reporting;
- Ensure application of the rules and of the concepts concerning in particular file appraisal and after-retention actions, such as transfer and elimination.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS)1, in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015) 20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents.
The successful candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) at the grade of AST3.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following general and specific conditions on the closing date for online applications:
- Be a national of one of the EU Member States and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Meet any obligations imposed on him or her by the laws concerning military service;
- Provide the appropriate character references as to his suitability for the performance of his duties;
- Have the capacity to work in languages of the CFSP (English and French, in writing and orally). Both languages are required in the performance of the duties. The command of one language must be at minimum C1 level (Language 1 — thorough knowledge) and the command of the other one must be at minimum B2 level (Language 2 — satisfactory knowledge).
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed post-secondary education of at least three years in archiving, attested by a diploma, followed by at least three years' professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties; OR a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, followed by at least 6 years’ professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties; OR professional training followed by at least 6 years’ professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties.
Candidates should possess:
- the ability to lead a team;
- profound knowledge of Records and Archives management (e-Domec framework or similar);
- very good experience with Records and Archives management tools;
- the ability to maintain interpersonal relations and to ensure communication in a complex, multi-cultural environment;
- being committed to customer service.
- experience in designing and providing training;
- experience in Records and Archives management services of a European Institution or other international organisation;
would be considered as strong assets.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE2
The selection procedure will take place in three different and successive steps:
1. Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest should be sent by e-mail to the following functional mailbox:
For the purposes of the e-mail application, the e-mail must have in the subject the following title:"Application EoI-HQ (AST)-TA2b-AST3-RM.BS.5-Team Leader-Archivist-374947”
Such an expression of interest must be accompanied by:
- an updated Curriculum vitae. Candidates are invited to use the "Europass" CV format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae) for their applications.
- a letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages) in either English or in French;
Applications may be submitted during the period from 23/06/2022 to 29/07/2022 at 12:00 midday (Brussels time).
For correspondence concerning the selection procedure, please use the following email address (the e-mail must have in the subject the following title: "EoI-HQ (AST)-TA2b-AST3-RM.BS.5-Team Leader-Archivist-374947”):
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and the professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter.
The candidates who have passed the pre-selection step will be invited for an interview so that the selection panel can evaluate these candidates objectively and without prejudice on the basis of their qualifications, professional experience and linguistic skills. Additional specific written or oral tests might be organised by the panel.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service, which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
If pre-selected, candidates with disabilities are invited to contact us in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates.
If a candidate with a disability is selected and recruited, the EEAS is committed to appropriate measures in order to accommodate his or her special needs to the working place or working conditions in accordance with Art 1d(4) of the Staff Regulations.
The selected candidate will be recruited as temporary agents under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS), in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015) 20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents.
Candidates shall have a valid Personnel Security Clearance (PSC) allowing them to access information classified at the level “SECRET UE/EU SECRET” or will be required to undergo the corresponding security vetting in accordance with the EEAS security rules3. In case the successful candidate does not obtain his or her PSC, his or her engagement will be terminated.
The selected candidate will be required to undergo a medical fitness examination in accordance with Article 13 of the CEOS.
In case of positive results on the medical fitness examination and after assessment of the PSC conditions, the candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent, Grade AST34 for a duration 4 years renewable only once for another 2 years.
All member of the temporary staff shall serve initially a nine-month probationary period in accordance with Article 14 CEOS.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Brussels, BelgiumPOST AVAILABLE: Immediately
Ms Paola CASINI, Head of Division
The closing date for submissions is 29/07/2022 at 12:00 hours (Brussels time).
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see
2Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2018/1725. The privacy statement is available on EEAS webpage: http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm
3 In accordance with the Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of 19 September 2017 on the security rules for the European External Action Service, ADMIN(2017) 10, OJ C 126, 10.4.2018, p. 1, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.C_.2018.126.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=OJ:C:2018:126:TOC
4 The basic salaries offered by the EU institutions are set out in Article 66 of the Staff Regulations. The current level, can be accessed via the link: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=OJ:C:2021:501:FULL&from=EN
A number of factors are taken into account in calculating your pay. Use the pay calculator for an individual estimate: