Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Argentina
A traineeship of 6 months within the Politics, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Argentina, starting in May 1 2023.
The Political, Press and Information section deals
- with political reporting, analysis, diplomatic contacts and various stakeholders in Argentina and occasionally in the region;
- contacts with press, social media publications and campaigns, events organisation and all aspects of communication as well as cultural diplomacy
As part of a team of 4 people, the intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contributing to communication activities through various social media platforms of the EU Delegation.
- Supporting the organization of public diplomacy and press events aimed at increasing the visibility of the EU in Argentina.
- Monitoring the Argentine daily press and preparing reports on issues of interest to the Delegation for headquarters.
- Conducting research on legislation, statistics, and political issues for use in reports and documents.
- Assisting in the compilation of information on relevant European legislation and policies for Argentina to subsequently disseminate.
- Contributing to the political analysis of the section.
- Participating in meetings with the Delegation's counterparts, such as other embassies, civil society organizations, or government departments, and preparing minutes.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Advanced level of English language
- Advanced level of Spanish language
- Applicants residing in Argentina will only be considered.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Pasantía subvencionada - Prácticas Financiadas – Sección Política, Prensa e Información
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must hold a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.