Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Australia
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Australia, starting in May 2024.
- Support the Section's research and reporting to the Headquarters on Australia's domestic and foreign policy.
- Assist in the organisation of the Delegation’s public diplomacy activities, support social media communication, and draft speeches for the Head of Delegation.
- Support the Delegation in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions e.g. preparation of briefing materials for senior officials, drafting minutes, etc.
- Attend and report on meetings, seminars, conferences and other events in Australia.
- Support the daily work of the Section.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- English language proficiency (mandatory)
- Knowledge of a second language (EU or regional) is an advantage.
- University degree in international relations, political science, diplomacy, or similar field.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPII
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidates are not able to present the required documents, their application will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.