Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Eswatini
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Office of the Ambassador of the EU Delegation to Eswatini, starting in April-May 2023.
The Office of the Ambassador in the EU Delegation to Eswatini comprises the Head of Delegation/Ambassador, the Political Officer and the Political Assistant who also doubles as the Press and Information Officer. The Delegation itself is responsible for managing diplomatic relations between the EU and the Kingdom of Eswatini
- Assist the Ambassador’s office in planning, organising, disseminating and running all the Delegation’s public diplomacy events.
- Assist with relevant digital content for the Delegation’s social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Work closely with the Ambassador’s office in liaising with the media, mobilising media coverage for EU events and assisting in organising the Delegation’s press conferences.
- Outreach and dissemination of information about EU Erasmus + and Youth Action Plan initiatives.
- Perform any other assigned task relating to EU public diplomacy, communication and visibility.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in Eswatini will only be considered.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Journalism or Communications
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of the different social media platforms, generation, curation and dissemination of digital content
- Advanced competency in computer skills
- Proficient English and siSwati writing skills
- Proven ability to work in team
- Innovative, curious and creative
- Familiarity with the country’s media landscape is an asset
- Knowledge of the European Union and its main policies will be an added advantage
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Ambassador’s Office
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.