Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the Kyrgyz Republic
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Kyrgyz Republic, starting in April 2023.
The Political, Press and Information Section consists of the Head of Section, a Political Officer, a Press Officer and a Secretary. Its tasks include political analysis and reporting, managing the relations in this field with local interlocutors, drafting press reviews, organising events and meetings, managing social media, among others. It also coordinates the relations with the EU Member States’ missions accredited to the country. It works closely with the Head of Delegation and other sections of the Delegation, such as the Administration Section and Cooperation Section.
- Monitor the political, economic and social developments in the Kyrgyz Republic, including related data research, drafting and reporting;
- Help with outreach to relevant local stakeholders;
- Attending and reporting from meetings, academic lectures and think tanks, events;
- Assist with implementation of the Communication actions planned for 2023;
- Support the Head of Delegation and PPI Section with production of social media content and management of social media accounts;
- Assist with preparing Press Reviews;
- Assist in organising events and meetings;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head of Delegation and Head of Political, Press and Information Section.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions in Kyrgyzstan, only applicants currently residing in Kyrgyzstan and holding a valid visa and residential permit for the entire duration of the traineeship will be considered.
- At least a Bachelor degree in International relations, political science, law or similar degree;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Russian;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills; and good IT skills;
- Interest in and knowledge of Kyrgyz politics would be advantage;
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-KYRGYZSTAN-HR@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Kyrgyzstan must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on traineeships possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.