Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Mexico
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Trade and Economic Section of the EU Delegation to Mexico, starting in the second half of May 2023.
- Participation in meetings, seminars and relevant trade and economic activities
- Research, analysis and drafting of reports on topics covered by the section, mainly about EU-Mexico trade and economic relations (incl. matters such as energy, transport, sustainable development, regional economic integration, etc.);
- Contributing to Trade and Economic reporting on issues relevant for EU-Mexico relations
- Taking notes and reporting from EU Trade and Economic coordination and other meetings
- Prepare speaking points and background material for meetings, conferences, seminars etc.
- Supporting the organisation of relevant visits or events in Mexico covered by the section
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in a relevant area (e.g. law, economics, international relations)
- Relevant post-graduate studies will be taken into account
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent command of Spanish and English languages (oral and written).
- Ability to work as part of a team
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-MEXICO-INTERNSHIP@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Trade and Economic Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.