International solidarity conference on the Venezuelan refugee and migrant crisis - live streams
The European Union, together with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the International Organization for Migration, will co-host the International solidarity conference on the Venezuelan refugee and migrant crisis on 28-29 October in Brussels.
It is estimated that, so far, approximately 4.5 million Venezuelans have fled as a result of the political turmoil, socio-economic instability and humanitarian crisis in their country.
The international community is actively involved in supporting the host countries bearing the burden of the refugee and migrant crisis. Access to documentation and legal stay arrangements are being facilitated, while emergency assistance and basic relief items are being provided to meet urgent needs in the areas of shelter, health care and food. In addition, efforts are being made to ensure access to education and other forms of support aimed at fostering the inclusion of refugees and migrants in their host communities.
The International solidarity conference is organised to mobilise support in addressing the refugee and migrant crisis, and to demonstrate solidarity of the international community to the affected host countries.
Watch the live stream from Monday 28th October
Watch the live stream from Tuesday 29th October
Watch the live stream of the press conference conference following the International solidarity conference on the Venezuelan refugee and migrant crisis by HR/VP Federica Mogherini
- Mogherini announces Solidarity Conference on Venezuelan refugee and migrant crisis
- Factsheet: EU supports Venezuelan refugees, migrants and host communities
- Factsheet: EU works for a political solution to the crisis in Venezuela
- Remarks by the HR/VP Mogherini at the event on Humanitarian Crisis in Venezuela and its impact on the region
- UNHCR page: Venezuela situation
- IOM: Venezuela refugee and migrant crisis
- IOM Regional response overview (August)