Temporary Political officer in the Political Section (Local Agent, Group 1) / EU DEL Venezuela
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Office in Caracas represents the European Union to Venezuela. The work of a Delegation varies from country to country and, in general, covers political matters, press and information, trade, aid management and the external aspects of internal EU policies.
A temporary role of up to 20 weeks within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Venezuela, starting in 14 November 2022.
- Assisting the Section’s political analysis and reporting.
- Assisting the Section in its responsibilities of EU coordination
- Carrying out background research on topical issues.
- Organise and prepare meetings with relevant meeting dossiers. Drafting meeting minutes
- Any other ad hoc tasks relating to the activities of the Section and the Delegation, assigned by the Head of Section
We look for:
A highly motivated professional with at least 2 years working experience in the field of political analysis or related to international relations. Experience in working in an international environment is seen as asset.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the current circumstances in Venezuela, familiarity with the country context and a host family in Caracas is a prerequisite for any applicant from abroad to be considered
- Have excellent knowledge of the functioning of the European Union and its engagement in Venezuela;
- Have excellent knowledge of EU foreign policy and Venezuela´s internal policies;
- Have excellent drafting, communication and analytical skills combined with sound judgement;
- Have very good knowledge of computer tools (e.g. Windows environment);
- Very good command of English is required.
How to apply
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to work at the EU Delegation to Venezuela
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Political Officer/temporary - Your full Name
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for written tests and an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The Vacancy can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of origin and thus candidates currently residing in Venezuela might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, the vacancy could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.