Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Vietnam
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Trade Section of the EU Delegation to Vietnam, starting in September 2022.
The Trade Section is a small team of dynamic trade experts that are responsible for implementing the Free Trade Agreement between the European Union and Vietnam (EVFTA) and additional trade issues. Our work touches on every aspect of the economy with a focus on facilitating trade. Creating investment opportunities for EU enterprises of all sizes remain also within the remit of our work.
Beyond traditional trade, we are also focusing on trade and sustainable development. Key policy area to be developed include trade related policies on climate change. A novel area of interest relate to digital economy and how to help EU start-ups to connect to Vietnamese partners.
We also organise and accompany high-level visits of Members of the European Commission of other policy areas, in addition to Trade, mostly in relation to the EU Single Market and their services, as well as of visits of Members of the European Parliament, and its Committees and Delegations.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Section follow relevant Vietnamese and ASEAN policy developments, including on the possible impact, and on the implementation, of the EVFTA
- Support in the organisation of and attending workshops, meetings and other events of relevance
- Preparation of and/or contribution to analytical notes, briefings, reports and other written contributions under the supervision of the Head of Section
- Monitoring of key market access issues of relevance of for the EVFTA implementation in cooperation with other members of the team
- Develop ideas on how to develop through EU Delegation events the digital economy and opportunities for EU start-ups in Vietnam in close cooperation with the Head of Section.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in the area of international trade relations,
- Substantiated interest or project experience in the digital economy, sustainable development or investment
- Prior experience in operating in a multicultural environment is an advantage
- Certain resistance to work under time pressure and within deadlines
- English, (Minimum C1) in spoken and written form, at a fluent level is a must, working level of Vietnamese may be considered as an asset
- Proficiency in the use of Office suite.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-VIETNAM-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Trade Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.